Please watch your children around fireworks.
Fireworks safety tips
For a safe and healthy Independence Day celebration, the Academy urges observance of the following fireworks safety tips:
- Never let children play with fireworks of any type.
- View fireworks from a safe distance: at least 500 feet away, or up to a
quarter of a mile for best viewing.
- Respect safety barriers set up to allow pyrotechnicians to do their jobs
- Leave the lighting of fireworks to trained professionals.
- Follow directives given by event ushers or public safety personnel.
- If you find unexploded fireworks remains, do not touch them. Immediately
contact your local fire or police departments.
- If you or your children recieve an injury from fireworks, seek medical help
Read more: http://www.momsteam.com/health-safety/fireworks-safety-tips#ixzz2Xzu0c8eR