1) Please remember reading each night is key to seeing growth.
2) Ask your student's teacher for sight words you can work nightly on with them
3) Ask him/her to skip count for you
4) Show them you are interested in their daily work by asking to see their folders, this way you can also see if the child has homework or if there is an upcoming event.
5) If they have homework ask them to explain it to you, if they are unsure ask them if the 2 of you can work on it together.
Thank you for all you do, together we can make a difference.