Some dates for you to add to your calendars.
November 11th which is a Tuesday - No School
November 13th Which is a Thursday - Parent/staff Title I Meeting 5:30 PM
November 20th which is a Thursday - Drama Performance at 6:30 PM
November 27th and November 28th which is a Thursday and Friday - No School
VGPA PTO is having a Gold Canyon Candle Fundraiser that will end November 7th. Please have all your orders and monies in by Friday the 7th.
remember the holidays are near and candles are always a great gift.
Questions please call Ms. DeeDee at (480) 924-1500
How can you as a parent best help your child get the most out of his/her education. We have asked the teachers some important steps you can take to improve your student's retention, here are some suggestions;
1) Please remember reading each night is key to seeing growth.
2) Ask your student's teacher for sight words you can work nightly on with them
3) Ask him/her to skip count for you
4) Show them you are interested in their daily work by asking to see their folders, this way you can also see if the child has homework or if there is an upcoming event.
5) If they have homework ask them to explain it to you, if they are unsure ask them if the 2 of you can work on it together.
Thank you for all you do, together we can make a difference.
Parents, please consider taking advantage of some wonderful and FREE parenting resources, workshops, children's playgroups, support groups, family events and many other great programs. These resources are available every month to anyone who is interested.
Please call Ms. Monty at VGPA for more information at (480) 924-1500.