Vista Grove Preparatory's goal is to furnish students with the safest transportation possible as they travel between home and school and school related trips.
To ensure the safety of all students who ride the bus, students must adhere to the bus code of conduct and understand that the bus driver is in charge of the bus at all times. Students who repeatedly violate the rules of conduct may be denied the privilege of riding the bus and is subject to other disciplinary action to be determined by the Administration.
School Bus Expectations
- Students not present at their bus stop for 3 consecutive days will lose their privilege of transportation.
- If a student is assigned a seat they are expected to sit in the seat without an argument.
- Students must arrive at the bus stop 8 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Students must wait 10 minutes at their location before calling the school to inquire about the bus.
- Students who are brought to the school by bus are required to stay on campus upon arrival.
- Horseplay, loud talking, littering, or fighting is not permitted on the bus or at bus stops.
- Students must remain sitting while in the bus and must keep exits and aisles clear.
- Students and parents/guardians are responsible for any vandalism to the bus.
- Candy, food, or drink is not allowed on the bus except as required for medical reasons.
- Tobacco or related products are not allowed on the bus.
- Students can use electronic devices if they are following school and bus expectations. Any student not following expectations will have the device confiscated by the bus driver and turned into the office. Parents will then be responsible to come pick up the device.
- Students will not be picked up or dropped off at non-designated stops unless written consent has been given by a parent/guardian and approval has been given by an administrator.